Cultural and New Media Studies ePortfolio
COURSE: ETEC 531 (Elective Course), Cultural and New Media Studies, Course Description
TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT: Individual
As part of our final participation assessment, an expectation of ETEC 531 was to create an ePortfolio to showcase course assignments and to communicate our knowledge, skills and attitudes around the subject matter. To create my ETEC 531 ePortfolio, I used iWeb, an application for designing websites with a Mac computer. This application was new to me, however it was easy to use and integrated nicely with the content that I wanted to include. The finished site is simple with brief descriptions of what each selection attests to.
- 5.1 Use multiple media for communication
- 5.2 Use multiple tools for construction and composition
- 5.3 Build fluencies with graduated levels of support for practice and performance
- 6.1 Guide appropriate goal-setting
- 6.2 Support planning and strategy development
- 6.3 Facilitate managing information and resources
- 6.4 Enhance capacity for monitoring progress
- 7.1 Optimize individual choice and autonomy
- 7.2 Optimize relevance, value, and authenticity
As discussed in my research paper, Student Use of Electronic Portfolios, ePortfolios fulfill many of the UDL Guidelines as they are a tool that affords the personalization of learning. With initial guidance, students would have the ability to create and represent their own content and self-regulate their learning through the process of creating their own ePortfolio.